Ultimate Soccer Manager Online Forums
Dogfather

Youth Academy/Scouting Update

First thanks Adrian for these updates. 

I think older players should be scouted up to 91 rated. This gives small teams the opportunity to scout a player who can slot straight into their team.

Not sure on the scouting pool or scouting as we are. Think if we are now going to be scouting a few more players and a better variety of positions I would go for keeping it as is.

First thanks Adrian for these updates. 

I think older players should be scouted up to 91 rated. This gives small teams the opportunity to scout a player who can slot straight into their team.

Not sure on the scouting pool or scouting as we are. Think if we are now going to be scouting a few more players and a better variety of positions I would go for keeping it as is.

Mister Spong    213

Looks excellent.

What's the difference between a Tier 1 youth rated 85+ and a TIer 3 youth rated 85+? I've got a Tier 1 going up to Tier 2 - does that mean I can't find Tier 3 players, or is there more to it than that?

Dogfather    15

Tier 1 has the highest potential, so if you have a choice between the 3 you always scout Tier 1. Your scout will still find a lot of lower rated players even from tier 1, so the 85+rt option allows you to filter out those below 85rt.

As an illustration, if you scouted Brasil in 'real life', not every player would have the ability/potential of a Neymar - but there would also be a lot of not so good players around. If you scouted Myanmar, however, no player would have the ability/potential of a Neymar.

If you chose to scout Tier 3 and choose 85rt+ youth you will never see anyone as Tier 3 doesnt contain players of 85rt plus.

bazrah99    6

As always I really appreciate updates and game improvements, so thank you.

Having said that, I was hoping for more content on this one by having different investment levels rather than a stadium-like tier system (for example I choose how many regions or staff numbers I commit to the YA setup with a monthly cost associated).

Is there any scope to consider further changes to this setup? For example, have a fourth squad for YA that holds youth academy finds for x turns and the manager decides if they get a full time contract? This could give us managers time to assess their potential rather than just have a scout find a player as the old system did.

I just worry that once everyone upgrades their academy to third tier it will be just like the old system where we task four scouts and wait each turn to see if they find anything. Feels like a missed opportunity.

bazrah99    6

To add, I'm happy to spend millions to go down the youth route but with this current system I can't. Is it the money sink the game perhaps needs?

Dogfather    15
On 11/09/2017 at 18:21, bazrah99 said:

As always I really appreciate updates and game improvements, so thank you.

Having said that, I was hoping for more content on this one by having different investment levels rather than a stadium-like tier system (for example I choose how many regions or staff numbers I commit to the YA setup with a monthly cost associated).

Is there any scope to consider further changes to this setup? For example, have a fourth squad for YA that holds youth academy finds for x turns and the manager decides if they get a full time contract? This could give us managers time to assess their potential rather than just have a scout find a player as the old system did.

I just worry that once everyone upgrades their academy to third tier it will be just like the old system where we task four scouts and wait each turn to see if they find anything. Feels like a missed opportunity.

All aspects of the game should continue to evolve for the better.

Essentially the current scouting system allows you to scout players for up to 20 turns before deciding if you buy them, so serves the same purpose as having another squad except you dont get to train them.

What could be done is to allow multiple academies to be built (in the different regions) and allow more youth scouts to be assigned? So the current academy is the home one and then others can be built on different continents? That wouldnt be too difficult to implement.

Mister Spong    213

I have one teeny issue.

I had tier 1, 2, or 3 facilities. But I have tier 3, 2 or 1 youth players. Can we have consistency so 3 is the best or 1 is the best, and that is across the board?

bazrah99    6
6 hours ago, Mister Spong said:

I have one teeny issue.

I had tier 1, 2, or 3 facilities. But I have tier 3, 2 or 1 youth players. Can we have consistency so 3 is the best or 1 is the best, and that is across the board?

Agreed, it looks confusing ;)

Dogfather    15
On 13/09/2017 at 15:43, bazrah99 said:

I like the sound of multiple academies, could we build them concurrently?

Yes, as they would each be a separate facility

Mister Spong    213

Is there a limit to the size of youth squads now? I've got 20 in the youth squad and 47 players overall, so I am well under the 68 player limit, but when I try to add a player to the youth squad I get the message that it's full.

Doc    206

Lvl 1 you can have 20. Lvl 2 you can have 25. This goes up to 30 when fully developed 

bazrah99    6
4 minutes ago, Stargate SG1 said:

Just cause you've got billions lol

Not exactly but youth needs to be an investment. If everyone can easily get all the academies then just give them as a standard feature for nothing.

if you look at the most successful youth academies in the world IRL most are for clubs that are not buying big name players. It should be a choice between investing in senior squad or going youth (financially speaking).

Edited by bazrah99

Dogfather    15

The way we worked out the build cost was on a real-life estimate of build cost and time. I believe the challenge is that the wages for the top players are too low in the game and increasing these will make it more of a challenge for the top end clubs.

2 hours ago, Dogfather said:

The way we worked out the build cost was on a real-life estimate of build cost and time. I believe the challenge is that the wages for the top players are too low in the game and increasing these will make it more of a challenge for the top end clubs.

I would say top players wages are about right. I have players on 140k/150k/160k a week. Think this is fairly realistic.

Doc    206

Think it's fine to have 98 and 99 rated players wanting 300k or so. However you should be able to add revenue. 

Top clubs pay those wages because they have rich owners. That can be simulated in a game. So you either have to have lower wages or a way to earn more cash. 

Larger stadiums maybe. At a cost. A massive cost but it's an option. 

10 hours ago, Dogfather said:

Think maybe higher wages for any new games. To do it now would penalise long term managers who have spent a lot of time building up top squads. I am very happy with the new updates so far but they already mean long term managers are having to think about moving players (who we have invested time and in game money on) on so would not like to see increased wages in existing games because of this.

Dogfather    15

If the feeling is that wages are fine, then all good. The need for money sinks is often mentioned and that gives the impression that there is too much money in the game.