Ultimate Soccer Manager Online Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stargate SG1

Updates

Hi. Things have been nice, friendly, fun and peaceful on the message boards for a while now so don't want to throw a spanner in the works but... could we have a progress report on where we are regarding updates/improvements/player database etc. 

I agree. 

A quick update would be much appreciated 

From my point of view with the player update (for new game) I'm waiting for the transfer window to close so that I can start again.  It'd be pointless starting a game with the lineups that I have now.

me and Colin had a meeting over a pint and fish n chips (oh how we roll) to discuss the way forward and we have a plan of action to keep you all informed.

Please allow a little time to get this plan into action so hopefully we can move things forward.

I've reminded Adrian that it's been a while this morning.

• Thanks 1

So this weekend didn't go 100% according to plan with both my sons teething at the same time :sFun_bananasquash:

But here goes...you'll notice three new entries on your player profiles.

Match Fit: Match fitness is a reflection of how match fit the player is. This will go down 1 point per turn but for each senior game increase by 2 points per half or part thereof and each youth game by 1 point per half of part thereof. So if you leave a player out for a while he'll be a bit rusty (up to a 4 rating point penalty), but it wont take long to get him up to speed. For now the actual 'rustiness' penalty wont be implemented until we've discussed exactly how it should work, but with all the database changes I had to make for new functionality this was added as well.

Experience: As things currently stand your 17 year old plays as reliably as a seasoned pro of 32 years old. This experience factor brings in a small element of experience otherwise managers only buy youngsters. The options are Green (0+), Development (20+), Competent (80+), Pro (200+), Snr Pro (400+), Veteran (600+), where the number is the number of senior games played. A sub appearance counts as .5 of a game even if the player only played 15 mins. So a "green" player may play to his full rating, but is variable up to 6 rating points below his rating. So the player may fire or misfire. A veteran may perform up to 3 points above his rating. But for now the actual benefit/penalty wont be implemented until we've discussed exactly how it should work, but with all the database changes I had to make for new functionality this was added as well.

Expectation: This is what was put in place a while back where morale would go down depending on how regularly the player expects to play. The options are Regular, Rotation, Occasional, Backup/Prospect.

The aim is to add elements of squad management but also make it less easier to just focus on buying youngsters and playing them all straight away. So next up will be the youth academy  building.

image.png.105f7e3dcacfdd8ec385de187c383a9f.png

Dont know if anybody else got this or whether its related but this is the error message i get when i looked at my scouted player. (Lincoln 101)

Cheers Dave

Server Error in '/' Application.

Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'UShort' is not valid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'UShort' is not valid.

Source Error:

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Playerdetail.aspx.vb    Line: 1083

Stack Trace:

I got the same. 

Interesting stuff Adrian. I'll take a look in more detail when I get 5 mins. 

Ok. I've read it. I like it I like it all. 

Really please with what this could bring to the game. 

Can AI teams train players better and can they make loan bids for loan listed. With only a few managers this will allow us to loan them out to. 

Lets turn it on. Lol

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Can AI teams train players better and can they make loan bids for loan listed. With only a few managers this will allow us to loan them out to. 

This is doable, but unmanaged clubs only change their selection if a player is injured/suspended and then that specific player is filled in. So you could find that the loaned out player doesnt play much.

14 hours ago, jays492797 said:

I meant to say my 1 year old granddaughter is also teething so my thoughts go out to you. How's the sleep going. 

Not too bad - getting a good 6.5 hrs on average.

2 hours ago, Dogfather said:

This is doable, but unmanaged clubs only change their selection if a player is injured/suspended and then that specific player is filled in. So you could find that the loaned out player doesnt play much.

Ok no worries. Will have to come up with something else. 

Not sure the appearances are adding up correctly. 

For example. Messi in 101 has played almost 300 games but isn't showing as a Pro 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Not sure the appearances are adding up correctly. 

For example. Messi in 101 has played almost 300 games but isn't showing as a Pro 

Ah yes, I see only senior league games were considered. Have now included senior cup games.

Edited by Dogfather

Good man. 

One other thing to mention about match sharpness is that playing in a friendly will improve match sharpness by half the amount a competitive senior game would.