Ultimate Soccer Manager Online Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mister Spong

Anyone else?

Bored shitless right now? Adrian is nowhere to be seen, Bod is up to his neck in his proper job.

I've got one of the biggest games of the season tomorrow and I just can't be arsed picking a team.

yer me too. 

The transfer changes have killed the transfer market. 

No one is selling or buying. 

No way to add to the youth squad means the squad has stagnated 

It's slightly unfortunate that the YA hasn't given us lots to do, it is simply a waiting game instead. I was hoping for a nurturing mini-game of building up the kids into first teamers over many seasons. Some making it and some being cast off to smaller teams, keeping the market active.

Agree with all above. It all seems to be at a standstill. I don't think levelling the morale or leaving the youth's for what will be more than a season to be of any use has worked.

I don’t think the moral of the players even works. I’ve stopped rotating my players and they all fine and happy. 

I'm picking players and their happiness is plummeting. I've gone from 90 to 32 in a week.

I am hovering over the quit button. It's turning into a farce.

I must be doing something wrong, as I've not found a single youth player in the x months I've given USM a go.  I've not had a single player stat increase from training either.

I'm keeping the same 11 every game and have nothing to do, so the last week I've barely logged in.

I wish TATT was still going, I felt so much more immersed in the game.

Do you have gold membership?

This is probably the problem. 

Gold has 4 99 rated scouts. I’m finding a player almost every turn. 

Gents, the YA changes were communicated long in advance with plenty of opportunity for input and we agreed on how it would work.

In as much as we try and think of everything when its implemented there can be unexpected side effects. I've put the idea on the youth academy thread of perhaps allowing existing managers to quickly build up their youth academies to the level they can afford and then see how it works from there. The problem seems to be that because the youth academy level is too low it has now put a halt on the game.

Its not to say that the YA cant be further enhanced. This was a next stage.

Adrian's right we were all informed of the changes which although it's not perfect I don't have a problem with the new youth set up. Perhaps allowing managers to buy to update at moment will help while it is fine tuned.